Santander is a UK subsidiary of a Spanish bank. If you need to contact the Santander telephone banking department, call 0843 290 7188.
Why would I call Santander Telephone Banking?
- To find out your account balance.
- To make a payment or transfer to a contact.
- To apply for an overdraft extension.
- To apply for a borrowing product such as a loan, credit card or mortgage.
- To report your card as lost or stolen.
- To report a fraudulent transaction in your account.
- To switch your current account.
- To find your local Santander branch.
- To make a complaint about the service that you have experienced.
- To report that you have lost your online banking details.
- To get financial advice.
Santander Bank Services
There is a range of current accounts available to Santander customers, each with different features. Here are some of the examples:
- 1|2|3 Current Account- Get cashback on your bills and gain interest.
- Everyday Current Account- For day to day banking.
- Choice Current Account- No unarranged overdraft fees.
- Basic Current Account- For people who are unable to qualify for a normal current account.
- Student/graduate current accounts- For students in higher education. Free 16-25 railcard for four years.
- 1|2|3 mini accounts- for children until aged 18.
All current accounts come with the seven day switch guarantee, with a dedicated team to help transfer all your Direct Debit payments, close your old account and switchover your salary.
Santander Credit Card
There are two Santander credit cards to choose from. They can be used to get cashback, spread the cost of purchases or to transfer the balance from other cards.
- 1|2|3 Credit Card- Cashback on everyday spending at department stores, supermarkets, petrol stations and on travel through National Rail and Transport for London.
- Santander Credit Card- Spread the cost of purchases over the course of 15 months with 0% interest and no fees.
Credit will be granted subject to status. You must be over the age of 18 and have a good credit history with no incidences of bankruptcy.
Santander has several insurance policies available to customers. They also aim to provide quality levels of support, with 24/7 claim lines. Here are some of the insurance products available:
- Home insurance- Protect your home and its belongings, with either buildings/contents or combined insurance.
- Car insurance- Arranged by BISL Limited, Santander car insurance hopes to keep your vehicle on the road.
- Travel insurance- Choose from annual/single trip cover for European or worldwide trips. It is available for couples, families and solo travellers.
- Life insurance- Underwritten by Aviva, Santander life insurance ensures that your loved ones are cared for if you are not around.
A personal loan provided by Santander can help make plans a reality. Choose from a range of loans such as:
- Car loan- An alternative to car finance.
- Home improvement- For a home project such as an extension or a new kitchen.
- Debt consolidation- Using one loan to pay off outstanding debts, such as credit/store cards, overdrafts and other loans.
- Special occasion- Whether you’re getting married or planning a dream holiday, you could use a personal loan to make your dreams a reality.
- Other reasons- Simply call Santander and you could get a loan for other reasons.
Are you looking to move home? Hoping to buy your first house? Looking to buy a house to rent out? Santander has a range of mortgage products for such purposes. You could also get a better deal on your existing mortgage thanks to competitive rates.
All applications are individually assessed according to status and lending rules. The amount you will be able to borrow depends on your financial circumstances and the type of property that you are hoping to purchase.
Savings and ISAs
Santander has a great selection of savings accounts which can help you save towards the future. Here are some of the accounts that you can use:
- Cash ISAs- fixed/variable rates of interest for tax free savings.
- Help to Buy ISA- to help you save up for your first home with a Government incentive.
- eSaver- Save up to £2 million with unlimited deposits and withdrawals, using mobile and online banking to manage the account.
- Fixed term bonds- Choose from 1/2/3 years but no additional deposits are required.
- Children’s savings- Open a trust savings account for children, or in their name if they are over the age of 7.
You can choose to make your own investments or to seek advice from Santander. It’s very important that you first consider whether investing is right for you- you’ll have to consider your financial objectives, how much money you are able to invest and how long you are able to leave it invested for.
It’s also important to note with investing that the amount you invest can decrease as well as increase in value, so you may not always get back what you invested.
To decide if investment is worthwhile for you, it is always recommended to speak to a financial advisor.
Santander Online Banking
You can manage your Santander bank account online by logging into the Santander website.
Santander Business Banking
Santander has been awarded the Business Bank of the Year 2016 by Moneyfacts. The bank supports small/medium sized businesses and start ups, providing them with straightforward banking requirements. This includes:
- Current accounts.
- Borrowing financial support, such as loans or asset finance.
- Mobile business banking app.
- Card payments.
- Sector specific banking guides to help you learn more about your industry.
How do I know if my business is eligible for a Start Up account?
Your business must be in its first year of trading, it is the first business account you’ll have with Santander and you have up to two directors/partners.
How do I inform Santander of a change of address?
The simplest way to change your details, such as an address, is via online banking. You can also do this by calling the telephone banking line.
Can both holders of a joint account use online banking?
Yes, you will each be given your own online banking login.
Santander UK was founded in 2010, following the acquisition of Abbey National and Bradford and Bingley, which were merged to create Santander. The bank is headquartered in London and has around 2,000 employees.