Why would I call Lloyds telephone banking?
- Check your account balance.
- Apply for an overdraft extension.
- Apply for a lending product (credit card, mortgage or loan)
- Report difficulty logging in or registering for online banking.
- Report a card as lost/stolen.
- Purchase an insurance product or make a claim on your policy.
Lloyds TSB Services
Lloyds has a range of current accounts, designed with different types of customers in mind. Some of the accounts can be found below:
- Club Lloyds- 4% variable credit interest.
- Classic Account- for everyday banking.
- Silver Account- with benefits such as European travel insurance, phone insurance and breakdown cover.
- Platinum Account- benefits such as travel insurance for your family.
- Basic account- if you are unable to get a current account, you may be eligible for a basic account.
- Student account- for student bank accounts.
- Graduate account- for after you have completed your education.
- Under 19s account- for young people.
- Islamic account- banking under Shariah law.
You can apply for a credit card from Lloyds if you are over the age of 18 and a UK resident. Here are some of the credit cards that are currently available:
- 39 month balance transfer- on balances made within 90 days of opening.
- 32 month balance transfer- with low fees.
- 24 month purchase and balance transfer- 0% for up to 24 months.
- Avios rewards credit card- ideal for frequent flyers.
- Bank choice rewards card- two cards with one account.
- Platinum card- low interest rate.
- Student card- for students wanting extra credit.
Use Lloyds accounts to help you reach your savings goals. Here are some of the savings accounts which are available. Plus, if you are an existing Lloyds customer you may be able to access preferential rates.
- Help to Buy ISA- to help you save towards buying your first home.
- Cash ISA saver- tax free for the first 12 months.
- Club Lloyds monthly saver- save up to £400 per month.
- 2 year fixed cash ISA- minimum deposit of £3,000.
Invest your money in a managed fund, each one with a different level of risk and possible return. However, it is important to remember that with investments, it is possible you may get back less than what you invested, due to the risk. If you are uncomfortable with managing your own investment fund, it is recommended you seek advice from a qualified financial advisor.
Whether you are a first time buyer, want a better deal on your current mortgage or are buying to let, Lloyds has a range of mortgage products. Go online to get an estimation of the type of rate you may be able to get and compare the monthly payments. You can also opt to speak to a mortgage advisor over the phone or in your local branch.
For just £5 a month, you can get life insurance in partnership with Scottish Widows. If you are already a Lloyds customer, you’ll get an instant quote and you can choose from level/decreasing cover. You must be under the age of 60 to apply.
Lloyds can help you with all travel essentials, from ordering foreign currency, discounted travel insurance and advice on using your debit/credit cards abroad.
Lloyds Online Banking
Here are some of the features of Lloyds online banking:
• Check your balance and see recent transactions.
• Apply for a new or increased loan, overdraft or credit card.
• Pay bills or transfer money between accounts.
• Open a savings account.
• Choose to switch to paperless statements.
• Send international payments up to £100,000.
Lloyds Bank FAQs
How do I switch to Lloyds Bank?
You can transfer to Lloyds bank within seven working days. You can only switch current accounts, not savings accounts. The bank will transfer all of your existing payment commitments, including Direct Debits, standing orders and your incoming salary.
I need to dispute a transaction I don’t recognise. What do I do?
Click on the transaction to read more about it, for example where it has come from. If you still do not recognise it, contact Lloyds customer service who will be glad to assist you.
How do I extend my overdraft?
It’s free to set up a planned overdraft and you can apply to extend it at any time. You can do this online or by calling Lloyds telephone banking using the number on this page.
What is the limit for paying for contactless payments?
The most you can pay by contactless is £30. It is secure because the retailer must first enter the amount and your card must be extremely close (two to four centimetres) to the reader for the payment to process.
How can I make a claim on my insurance policy?
You can do this by calling the Lloyds customer service team. If your home has been broken into or vandalised, you must first get a crime reference number from the police. You can also make emergency repairs in order to prevent further damage, but refrain from full repairs until you have spoken to the customer service team.
Lloyds Bank History
The origins of Lloyds Bank can be traced back to 1765; which means that in 2015 the bank celebrated 250 years of service. The company was originally founded in Birmingham. The founders were Sampson Lloyd II, John Taylor and their two sons, who each invested £2,000. For the first 100 years, the bank was based solely in an office in Birmingham. Throughout the next few centuries, Lloyds acquired and merged with several other banks, to eventually become one of the big four banks in the UK.
In 1995, the bank merged with TSB to create Lloyds TSB. However, in 2013, TSB was sold and the bank was re-branded as Lloyds Bank.
For more about Lloyds services, call Lloyds telephone banking.